Saturday 31 March 2012

My School Project

For my Grade 2 Craft class I have begun constructing a paper-mache model of the solar system. I am an expert at paper-mache so all is going well except what does one do with the Pluto dilemma? Should I put him in there, explaining he is now a dwarf planet or leave him out? People put the asteroid belts in around Saturn and they are technically not planetary objects..... and the solar system refers to all that orbits around the Sun, so should I put in all the asteroid belts and dwarf planets? Ahhhhhhhh so much to decide!

But really life is exceedingly cruisey at the moment, all I have to worry about every morning is what to teach my class today and how to do it. At the same time my heart is wrenched out everyday by what I see and experience, so it is hard to explain to anyone why I suddenly burst into tears or laugh out loud. The poverty and desperation is back dropped by the most exquisite scenes in the world and immeasurable kindness.

India is India and it doesn't matter how hard you try to describe it, with its magical power the real description will always evade your grasp.  

4 comments:

  1. My darling Kate, I think I understand the profound effect that India might have upon you. It will always be in your blood I predict and what you are doing there, no matter how tiny it may seem to you, WILL be making a difference :-). Keep on being real, show that loving kindness (that you have in abundance) in return and you will leave a winderful legacy. All my love, Mum xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, probably "windy" AND wonderful! LOL :-) XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mongolia had the same effect on me -you'll never be the same again, Kate! ...can't help you with the Pluto thing though...heh! xx

    ReplyDelete