Wednesday 14 March 2012

My Posting

Hey everyone,
I know it has been a long time since I last posted but the availability of Internet is small here without your on computer. Made it safe to my placement after an amazing 4 days in Delhi. What a country to behold!!!! There are so many drastic differences and complete contradictions within the Indian culture which I will be sure to touch on at a later date but for now just a little about the school I have been posted to. Tara International School is a rather humble two buildings made like all the other houses around here out of solid cement. There are enough classes to house each grade which stretch from lower kinder to grade 8 ( our equivalent to grade 7) as well as a craft room, a music room, a computer room and a staff room. Current construction of a science lab and extension to the computer room will make the school one of the most well equipped in the region. Don't take that to mean that it isn't very simple though. The teachers are great and the lady who runs the school, and with whom I am living, Bala is a kind hearted soul who insists we have much more fun with the kids than the other teachers often have, she is of the strong opinion that they will learn much more in this manner. Already I have formed attachments to some of the children but that if for another time. Until that time, Goodbye for now and all my love xxx

1 comment:

  1. So glad you safely made it! The school sounds fantastic... I'm sure they'll be blessed by your prescence there. x

    ReplyDelete