Saturday 14 April 2012

Those Moments....

Had a surreal moment one night ago.....
Had gone to Manali after school, already with a developing head cold and the bus trip back was in pitch darkness, the light only showing the very edge of the precipice as you drove along at such a rate you would become airborne on the ridges as well as the potholes. My signalling to the ticket master resulted in me being let off far past my stop and lugging my gear for twice the distance I needed to normally, I found myself walking beside a man in thongs, traditional Himachel pants and jacket and a Cabana hat!
His flowing fruits and flowers jolted with each shuffling step and I couldn't help but wonder whether I was hallucinating on my Cold and Flu tablets!
After parting ways, I couldn't but help noticing that I looked at all around me, considering how out of the ordinary everything is here and how much I have already accepted things as they are. It made me wonder how it is that people who are surrounded by difference, and what greater difference than that between humans, cannot come to accept and enjoy all as the wonderful extravagances of Mother Nature?  

2 comments:

  1. Glad you have those surreal moments too Katie, poetically written, very nice. Can see you never going home at hte current rate and your Mum & Dad will CRY.
    Love Peter & Yim. Cambodia.
    I had a surreal moment last night as a large scorpion climbed out of the plug hole on the bathroom floor, the 4th in a week in our home. I HATE THE THINGS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The great thing about difference is the amount you learn from it. Either tolerance or the other. Feed the good wolf and life is so much fuller.Glad you are doing that. I woundn,t cry if you didn`t come back, more like rejoice the fact that you found your path in life. Pete mentioned scorpions, how~s the spider population over there?Snakes or too early yet? Rex happy to be home.Love you Dad

    ReplyDelete